Re-enable Automatic Security Updates.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I noticed in a relatively recent update to the system. Automatic Security Updates were disabled. To re-enable open a terminal and enter.

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -plow unattended-upgrades

Select yes and hit enter, then exit. You're done.

Sorry for not catching it sooner, it was working fine when released but something changed. It's already corrected in the upcoming point release.

12.04.4 doesn't seem to be affected, but it wouldn't hurt to run the command above just in case.
  • lxlelxle
    Actually after further investigation, it appears it was only my personal machine that was affected, more than likely something I was doing alter its state. LXLE however even after applied updates seems to unaffected in either version, so it looks like it was an isolated issue with my machine only not lxle in general. Sorry for the confusion and unnecessary alarm.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    I don't believe it is working on my dell xps laptop either. I just ran an upgrade for 138 packages.
  • rfry85rfry85
    Nope it wasn't working. After I ran the above command, I saw the updater for the first time! It ran perfectly.
  • lxlelxle
    The unattended upgrades is only for automatic security updates. It will not install any updates that are not classified as such, I checked on a freshly installed 64 and 32bit machine and both weren't affected. Perhaps something we both do on our machines or have installed disabled it.
  • rfry85rfry85
    very possible. I tweak way to much!