Fresh Full install and only one wallpaper!
  • ZiggyZiggy
    PMPosts: 2
    Just installed this onto an old PC, full install overwriting everything, went well - bit of an issue with Grub startup not showing (message displayed was Video Mode Not Supported) but did a bit of Googling and was able to edit the Grub menu and remedy the problem. I was really looking forward to the brilliant wallpapers I had read about only to find that in the Wallpaper folder I have only one wallpaper. Anybody point me to where I can get the rest of them or offer any advice?

I'm from Northern Ireland and have a good knowledge of Windows, bit of tablet nous but am new to Linux, so am looking forward to some learning.

Thanks in advance y'all

Ziggy
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    you must have saved the home directory from a previous install otherwise the wallpapers would have been included and located in ~/Pictures/Wallpapers
  • ZiggyZiggy
    PMPosts: 2
    Hi, I had installed Ubuntu previously but when installing LXLE I opted for the clean install - overwriting everything. Any more ideas. Thanks in advance. I also was forced to do the install without internet access so left the 'download updates' unticked' and left the 'Install this third party software' unticked as this was causing the install to crash. How do I install the third-party software now??

Thanks in advance

Ziggy

EDIT UPDATE  I flounced off saying "Poppycock (a la Sherlock Holmes) there must be a way". So I opened the LXLE iso in Windows (boo hiss) and found the wallpapers - stuck them on a USB stick and went to put them on my LXLE PC. Opened the stick in file manager, opened the Pictures/Wallpaper folder in my Home and guess what ?? They were already there!!  My problem was caused that the wallpaper picker in display settings wasn't pointing to My Wallpaper folder it was pointing to another Wallpaper folder (I assume in root?) - so apologies LXLE, How do I make the wallpaper picker automatically point to my Wallpaper folder?

Creeps off abashed and humiliated :)