LXLE on 10.2" netbooks
  • bigtigerbigtiger
    PMPosts: 11
    Hello to all.

I am creating a new line of Netbooks designed for children. They will come with 4GB RAM and 500GB Hard drives.

I will make LXLE the standard Linux throughout the line if we can only solve one problem...

The standard install only uses a resulution of 800x600. However, the netbook supports 1024 x 632. It is running on an Intel Atom. Other Linuxes with LXDE can find the higher res. The difference this make on an already tiny screen is enormous. IF we can solve this problem, then LXLE is the winner and I'll use it on all machines.

If there is any other data needed. I'll find it an supply it.

Please help,
    Craig Morehouse
    Thanked by 1Zaka
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Check the additional drivers tool, if there are no additional proprietary drivers available then open a terminal and run

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    Thanked by 1Zaka
  • bigtigerbigtiger
    Thank you;

I'll put the LXLE drive back in it tomorrow and see what happens. Can't do it from the Live CD.

I'm pulling for it to work. I have to choose only one distro to do tech support on, and this one is outstanding by far.

• ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Outstanding!  image
  • bigtigerbigtiger
    sorry, but neither suggestion worked. there is an available driver, but it would not install. /var/log/jockey said it was because there was no kernel source available, and the workaround did not function.

The sudo command did not work because xserver-xorg was not installed.

Anything else to try.

It would be wonderful if this cedar-trail video driver was native to LXLE.

As it is, I have to choose another distro for the 10.2" netbook. LXLE is great on desktops and bigger laptops, though. Even ran it on a MAcBook Pro and it was excellent.