Seeking help with my firefox and this Face Book thing.
  • Lets start off with the fact that I LOVE this OS.
     Now that that's established. My issue is that when ever I log into my F/B page I get nothing. Well to specify. I use FireFox and when I go to my page I get the headers, (home-profile-view-messages-ect) at the top of the page. However the page never seems to fill out. I see nothing but a blue back ground and white box's where the adds usually are. No pictures,  no updates nothing. Even the drop down windows don't open.
     My FireFox works on everything else, E-mail, other sites, ect. However it just does not want to work on F/B anymore. It acts like it doesn't fully load the page,any page, that I go to. My other machines view the page fine. Just not this I-Mac, my main machine anymore. It seems to have started right after the last update. Which unfortunately, I do not know what all was changed.
     I have done a reinstall and still no luck. I plan to try a complete uninstall, clean up, then re-install of FireFox. But I will wait until the weekend for that. First I was hoping someone might have some guidance for this old fart.
     Thank you in advance.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    Try this. Open file manager to your home folder, Right click on empty area, select show hidden files, Now look for a folder called .mozilla . Close firefox,  Now delete it ( .mozilla). Then start firefox. Now see if you can view FB. Just a warning. Doing this will delete your cookies, web passwords, and online form data. 

Hope this helps,

Randy
    Thanked by 2Bill_T_D_Y Zaka
  • Thank you for the quick fix rfry85. So far it worked. It did delete everything. But was in need of cleaning out my favourites, ect. I have a tendency to add pages to finish reading later then not remove them once they have been read.
     Thank you again.
    Thanked by 1Zaka
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads