G'day one and all.
  • Hello, My name, as one can guess, is Bill. I reside in the U.S.A. , in the state of TN. I am new to the forum and a relative newbie to LXLE. I am in love with this O.S.
     My main machine is an old I-Mac with 4gb of ram. Being not a fan of Apple, I flipped this maching thru many different OS's until I stumbled upon this one. It recognized EVERYTHING right off the back in "live" mode, before the install. Blue tooth and all. Absolutely no issues. Could not even get Mint to do that for me. Beautiful graphics, fast upload, great speed all the way around. My kids were right at home with the whole thing.
     I am running the 64 bit version and it just works wonderfully. Thank you for such a solid project.
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Welcome to the Club, Bill!

Great community here and a wealth of info available via the 'Search' function.

Ironic thing about trying all the new distros ~ the more you try before you buy and ride the update/upgrade pony you eventually come to the point where ya' realize ya' just want the computer to WORK so you can.  Bells and whistles are basically crib toys.

Glad ya' found the adult section, Bill!  image
  • Dunno about the bells n whistles comment. I mean WOW this thing comes out of the box with multiple interfaces, all the office - video editing - games out the wazzo.  More than most main stream users would expect.
     I do A-LOT of w/dos xp to 7 and 8 to 7 upgrades, and I always reccomend that people check this OS out. I even go so far as to burn either live DVD or live USB for them to try when they are interested. Show them how to boot into the live session and all. I know for a fact that as of 07-July-2014 there are 16 dual boot machines in my town. One of them is a  crapple machine :-O

• ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    imo, Bill, programs are not bells and whistles.  My comment referred to the resource sucking desktop effects and memory-hogging, non-essential utilities that are stuffed into the glitzier distros.

LXLE serves up über functionality in a 'paradigm' to suit most any taste at the least hit to resources with little need to spend long hours adding programs which most of us use, such as internet tools, music, photo editing and yes, games.

Cheers to ya' for spreading the word far and wide in your town!!!