S/PDIF on Gigabyte P35 M/Board for Digital Audio/Video
  • I really need help here from the audio/visual experts. Clients are starting to complain about length of time it's taking to get their video VHS converted to digital DVD. Problem is, EzCap device doesn't work in Windows Vista, so now since I am running LXLE 14.04 LTS 64 bit, the gurus here may be able to tell me what cables or adapters I need from the LG Multi-Function DVD/VHS player (analog source) to Optical Output, to PC Realtek HDA Audio INPUT and ??? video input?
    Realtek HDA board allows both digital audio and digital video INPUT.
    What drivers to I need and what program will read /dev/video0 output?
    I need to start recording like last week already.
    Thanks.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    vlc or kino
  • Oh, VLC, great. Thanks I really like VLC.
  • Does anyone know where the correct ppa: repository is for Canon PIXMA MG8140 multifunction and ScanGearMP software to allow for network scanning is located? My additional repositories list always shows errors when I use the ones I know.
    Thank you.

• Never mind, got that fixed already. Next question: Is there any utility to scan all my backup directories and drives and concatenate all my pictures (for example) in one central place?

• Please don't mix multiple requests in one topic thread...you need to start a fresh one for any new topic...thank you.
  • Oh dear, upset someone already! HELP JACK!

Fine, anticipate another Hurricane Sandy storm flood from this author.