Can I get pcmanfm to use all of my nautilus actions?
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    I have been building a nautilus paradigm. I noticed  somewhere along the lines there was a folder at  ~/.local/share/file-manager/actions which was collecting my nautilus actions. I'm not sure this is nautilus related. Then I noticed that a few of my nautilus actions where showing up in my pcmanfm right click menu. They seem to work. But some of them especially the ones set with the x-nautilus-desktop scheme are not. 

Does anyone know of a way to make these work in pcmanfm? If I could get them all working and I can get android support for pcmanfm,(see here) like I can with nautilus, then I can ditch nautilus all together. 

rfry85
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Why not keep/install Nautilus?

That was my solution on day one.  That, and using LXterminal rather than ROXterminal.  (Plus installing Rhythmbox.)

Old habits die hard and I choose to avoid making life a challenge unnecessarily.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    LOL I hear ya, guayadeque has really grown on me over the past couple years, when you really investigate that app its incredible the amount of features and ability considering the small footprint. Perhaps if your bored one day, you can take a closer look at it.
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Perhaps, but the other music apps don't behave the way I expect when I add playlists, whereas Rhythmbox does.  I don't care for a ton of bells and whistles, I just want to create playlists and listen to them.  image
  • rfry85rfry85
    I just saw that pcmanfm 1.2.1 is out. It has some kind of module support. I'm thinking it's probably something like spacemanfm has. 

I like nautilus, it is loaded with features.  I like being able to right click and create a empty script file, or office document. Plus with all the actions you can add, you can make it very useful. I have an upload to imgur action, and share to dropbox action which are real handy. I was able to get nautilus controlling the desktop and impliment a hack to get the right click on desktop change background to point to my wallpaper, so I can just select what I want and use set as wallpaper action to select it.  

I guess I've been using pcmanfm so long, I just miss it. Even though it doesn't have all the features.

Yea I always use banshee. For me it's being able to sort the music by artist or song so I can find or remember the tracks I have.  I also like being able to drop and drag music  to mp3 players and brasero. 

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    lxle 14.04 and 12.04.4 revisited comes with pcmanfm 1.2 and supports nautilus-actions a few are included by default along with 'nautilus-actions' tool so you can build your own.
  • rfry85rfry85
    That explains it, Is there a way to use schemes with pcmanfm? Particularly make certain ones show when you right click on the desktop? For Nautilus you just add x-nautilus-desktop to the scheme filter.

Now you have my curiosity up. I'm going to have to figure out Why some show and others don't besides the ones with the x-nautilus-desktop schemes.
  • rfry85rfry85
    I finally have had time to thoroughly check out 12.04 revisited, and I like it alot. I can probably get by with having to use a submenu for my desktop actions. But is there a scheme filter that will make certain actions show up only on the desktop with pcmanfm? Would anyone know of a way?