• rrkhhrrkhh
    PMPosts: 7
    have installed the new version.........12.04.4 REVISITED on an old dell...when i change the resolution and push ENTER it changes OK

but when log off or restart it reverts back and i must change again....HELP........Thanks
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Try using "save as" in the monitor(s) tool. If that doesn't work we will get into something else.
  • rrkhhrrkhh
    does not work....i'm fairly new to this distro......i had the earlier 12.04.4 version and had no trouble...

i change resolution and hit enter...it changes.the i click APPLY.the i SAVE AS .....still goes back when log off.........
  • lxlelxle
    see if the old monitor app works for you,

sudo apt-get install lxrandr

this is also not only an lxle problem/issue

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2194268
  • rrkhhrrkhh
    try to install and it will not allow me to type the password.....should i just format and install the older 12.04.4
  • lxlelxle
    you won't see a password being entered in the terminal, its a security feature, this is the case with all terminals. Just type it in, regardless if you see it or not and hit enter.
  • rrkhhrrkhh
    i thought i had seen it typing in mint 16,and 17 that i have on another computer......be bedtime will resume tomorrow..............THANKS         over and out