I can't fully maximize application windows
  • Hello,

I have a small issue with windows. I can't fully maximize them. Look at screenshot down below:
    http://i.imgur.com/i5eHqYc.png
    Notice that there's a small vertical section on the left, couple of pixels wide, that's not covered with the window and it's kinda annoying.. :)
    I'm using a laptop with nvidia graphics, proprietary driver but I'm using the intel power saving mode, which I guess means I'm currently using the intel card.
    I've tried changing the window decoration theme, it didn't help. I noticed that there was additional panel on the left that I've removed. Could this be some kind of leftover from the removed panel?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Thats a result of the panel on the left hand side, it reserves 2 pixels of space for the cursor to be able to hover over and bring the left side panel to the front when you move your cusor there. Remove the panel will resolve it, this is the way lxpanel handles itself when autohiding, not necessarily and lxle issue.
  • lxlelxle
    Perhaps the left panel is not full removed, but when I remove my left panel here and then click the maximize window button it fully covers the screen. Sorry I didn't catch the last part of your post until now.
  • lxlelxle
    Perhaps add a left panel again and right click to select properties of that panel, click the advanced tab and uncheck 'reserve space' , that will allow the window to fully maximize even when the panel is there, I remember leaving reserve space because i found the 2 pixel strip sitting on top of all my apps to be annoying.
  • So it is the panel. I did something to it so that I can't open it up but I also can't add new panels to the left edge of the screen. It's like it's there, but it's not there. I looked under /home/user/.config/lxpanel but there's several folders there, which I guess are panel profiles. Where can I find the config file for the panel on the left so that I remove it completely?
  • lxlelxle
    Which paradigm are you using? The default? If so its sitting in the ~/config/lxpanel   Lubuntu directory, open up the panel directory in there and remove the one that probably is titled TOP, most likely that is your left panel.
  • Yes, it was the one titled TOP which makes sense since it's the LEFT panel that we're talking about... ;) . Thanks for the help. Everything works great...

Cheers...
  • lxlelxle
    Thats what LXDE name it when created, not me. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads