Problem with monitor
  • VarieVarie
    PMPosts: 3
    Hi,

I've installed the newest version of LXLE and this is my first adventure with Linux - so far it's not bad at all,
    especially that I only used Windows XP. Anyway, I've got a problem with monitor settings in LXLE. I've got laptop connected
    to monitor and every time I boot my laptop the screen is visible on both, even though I've set things up to show only on my monitor in
    Screen Layout Editor. I log out and all settings revert to what was before. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    You laptop has a screen button (fn key probably) to toggle monitors, also check the bios there are settings in there to handle turning on or off the display depending on whether another monitor is connected.
  • VarieVarie
    I don't have easy access to laptop keyboard, I use external peripherals and it's easier for me to swith things in Screen Layout Editor. Wish they did stick but they don't which is kinda bothering. I tested Mint and there is no such problem and I didn't have to do anything in bios - I don't want to mess things there, I'm not very tech-savvy anyway.

I've got another problem with shortcuts. I've made a few but they don't show up after rebooting. I mean, sometimes they are there and sometimes they don't. Anyone know what's going on?

Other than these two problems, I think LXLE is an excellent system for my needs.
  • lxlelxle
    Did you try to 'Save As' in screen layout editor? Perhaps the 'disappearing' shortcuts is sitting on the second desktop and occasionally you click on the second desktop and they appear. Also comparing mint to lxle isn't really the same just because its Linux, each are using two different desktop environments.
  • VarieVarie
    OK I've solved the problem with missing shortcuts. For some reason I had two Desktop folders, I changed the path (Dektop Preferences > Advanced > Use desktop as a folder) to one of them and deleted the other one and it seems that everything is working fine now.

I've tried to "Save As" in SLE and it doesn't work. It works as long as I don't shutdown the system - after that it bounces back to what was before. No idea how to solve this...

• lxlelxle
    Not sure, no one else is reporting an issue thats remotely similar.