But...But...But
  • ClaudiaClaudia
    PMPosts: 5
    So I downloaded a copy of the new 32-bit 12.04.4 (Revisited), checked it out, and understand it updates the 12.04.3 version to be like the 14.04 LTS 64-bit.  But nowhere can I find if installing it will give me the equivalent of a 14.04 LTS, i.e., the 5-year long term support.  I usually prefer to reinstall from scratch and recreate my little changes, saves a lot of headaches that way.  So can someone clarify if installing 12.04.4 will be supported like 14.04 LTS?  If not, will there eventually be a 32-bit 14.04 down the line worth waiting for?  Thanks for giving us the non-pae kernel that is so appreciated by those of us with Pentium M laptops that hate pae.  I notice that Remastersys is still pre-installed but the gui is missing.  Easy to fix but without the gui in the menu you have no idea it's even installed.  You need to install the gui from scratch.  Otherwise, it looks great and congratulations to the team that put this winner together.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Lubuntu 14.04 LTS is only supported for three years, the same amount of time left of 12.04

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lubuntu#Lubuntu_14.04_LTS
  • ClaudiaClaudia
    PMPosts: 5
    Thank you for the clarification.  I'll probably replace my 12.04.3 with the 12.04.4 32-bit at some point just to keep up to date.  By 2017 we'll have a host of new distros to look forward to.  Cheers.