Why Do I have a Shut Down Bug In LXLE and it copies files slow?
  • I noticed two things in LXLE that I don't like, and I hope there is fix and or a work around for. 

I admit that LXLE is a snappy system.  I've been enjoying exploring it, and comparing it to Windows Vista, 7, and various other Linux Distros that I've tried. 
    (Scroll down and take a brief look at the specs. At the bottom I have my two questions/comments.)

The system I install LXLE On:  (please forgive me for filling this message box full of specs.  I'm sure that some of it might be unnecessary but I'm trying to cover all my basis so that you as the reader know exactly what I'm running it on.  Just in case there is a clue as to why things aren't working better) 

Media Series Desktop Board
    Intel DG965OT - for the intel core 2 duo processor
    Supports intel Viiv Technology
    uATX Form Factor
    Intel PRO 10/100/1000 Network Connection
    Support for Dual-Channel DDR2 800 SDRAM
    Microsoft Windows Vista Ready
    Supports Dolby Home Theater

I am aware that it is an out of date board. The support for it has ended and thus is the reason why Windows 7 never worked exactly right.  Here is the Intel website link to the main board. 

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/dsktpboards/dg965ot

Here is the manual to the main board:
    http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15058/eng/DG965OT_TechProdSpec.pdf

Here is my current computer set up specs.

CPU
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13GHz    142 °F
        Conroe 65nm Technology
    RAM
        4.00GB DDR2
    Motherboard
        Intel Corporation DG965OT (J1PR)    123 °F
    Graphics
        LM742 (1280x1024@60Hz)
        Intel G965 Express Chipset Family (Intel)
    Storage
        149GB Seagate ST3160815AS (SATA)    105 °F

Optical Drives
        ATAPI iHAP122 9 ATA Device
    Audio
        IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

CPU
            Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

RAM
            Memory slots
                Total memory slots    4
                Used memory slots    4
                Free memory slots    0
            Memory
                Type    DDR2
                Size    4096 MBytes
            Physical Memory
                Memory Usage    60 %
                Total Physical    3.24 GB
                Available Physical    1.29 GB
                Total Virtual    6.68 GB
                Available Virtual    4.52 GB

The first issue I ran into with LXLE is it doesn't always properly turn off my computer.  I've ran Windows Vista for 7 years and never had this trouble with it, and it's still on my hard drive and I don't have any trouble with it shutting down. 

Yesterday I did a full ram test, but I found it interesting that the Mem test that came with LXLE won't load up.  I instead downloaded Memtest86 and created a boot CD from the ISO.  I ran the test all day, and it didn't find any thing wrong with my RAM.  Since I have a Seagate SATA 149 GB Model Number: ST3160815AS I used SeaTools for Windows to do a complete hard drive read test.  Everything checked out there as well. 

My next thing I don't understand is, Windows Vista copies files to a flash driver faster then LXLE.  In fact when I copy a file from the hard drive to the flash drive I get scared that it's going to freeze up on me.  It kinda sits there for about a half a minute doing nothing and then it goes about halfway, and then it pauses and acts like it's thinking about it again.  This doesn't normally happen to me under Windows Vista.