EPSON Stylus Photo RX680 HELP! Please!!!
  • KIMAUZYKIMAUZY
    PMPosts: 20
    Connected the printer via usb. Now I can't find any way to use it. All I seen was that it was connected to (cups). I think that's something to do with network shares, but honestly I couldn't say. I'm also having a problem setting up shares on this, but that will be a different topic. Any instruction will be greatly appreciated. I'm a noob to Linux (XP refugee)  it may take me for ever to get the hang of it.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Did you open up 'printer' from the menu and add your printer? Is it a network printer? If so disable your internal lxle firewall.
  • KIMAUZYKIMAUZY
    I went to menu-system tools-printing, opened printing and added it there. That's where I notice it said (cups) but didn't know what it meant at the time. If Gufw is the internal lxle firewall, then I can't get that to work either, but I may have disable it earlier through terminal to get other apps. to work. Don't know if it's considered a network printer but I was able to share it to my home network on my Greedy Gates XP OS. I have no controls to operate the printer/scanner. Think I may need drivers?
  • KIMAUZYKIMAUZY
    Tried installing drivers from http://www.openprinting.org/driver/epson-escpr/, DEB package but GDebi Package Installer said this package was already installed.
  • KIMAUZYKIMAUZY
    Also this printer is connected to local host.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    screenshot of adding printer dialog box
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads