Screenshots of Your box - and Hardware Survey
  • Hello.

Do you have LXLE running on your box?  Please feel free to share your screenshots of your favorite desktops, here, and tell us what kind of box you are using.  LXLE collects this type of feedback for future updates and respins: hardware specifications, ram, make and model, success rate, etc.  Thanks kindly for all your comments.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
  • Asus eeePC 1015CX
    Intel Atom Processor
    1 GB RAM
    Intel 3100 Graphics card

Had to install additional drivers and change to GDM for better resolution.

Note: Do NOT install Cedarview 2D acceleration drivers or your system will lag badly. This is for Asus eeePC, my make but should be same for total eeePC series.

Installed Faneza icon theme. Looks great really.

• boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    Ok this is my Acer AspireOne N270 1 gig of ram, 120Gig ssd Hdd.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s503/borunco/Screenshotfrom2012-06-08214935.png
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • boruncoborunco
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    LXLE 32bit
  • boruncoborunco
    This one here is my greatest achievement so far with Linux. This is a IMac G3 266mhz with 256mb of ram and 80Gig Hdd. This is a mix between  Lubuntu PPC and LXLE. Don't ask me how. But Enjoy.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s503/borunco/Screenshotfrom2013-05-07195310.png
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    LXLE 32bit
  • boruncoborunco
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    LXLE 32bit
  • somnambulistsomnambulist
    PMPosts: 24
    My box is a Chillblast Neptune Fusion
    Quadcore, 8 Gigs ram, 1 Tetrabyte HD,
    Sandybridge Intel gaphics
    WD Elements 1 Tetrabyte external HD,

I don't get this screenpost business. The link is to diaspora where I uploaded the image>copy>paste
    I tried doing it here but no joy, and yes I did look at the instructions on posting screenshots.I am not used to uploading images to websites, however, and those mentioned mean nothing to me.image

Well I got it but I still had to "copy image "
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    TO INSERT IMAGES SIMPLY USE THE DIRECT URL TO THE IMAGE.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    Here is my LXLE. It's running on a Dell XPS17 with an i5 Intel proc, 6GB memory, with optimus Intel/Nvidia graphics.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202

I have two desktops, one with a Gigabyte AMD 880G/SB850 and the other, an MSI AMD 880G/SB710.  Both rigs have AM3 dual core processors and 8GB of ram.  Both have dual HDDs and I keep a separate Linux OS on each HDD.

A recent kernel updates have ditched sensor readings from the chipset on the MSI mobo and also buggered the suspend recovery on the Gigabyte board.  These boards are only three years old ~ much too new to be ignored due to hasty updates.  (imo)

I run ATI and nVidia graphics cards, but don't require the boost for gaming ~ in fact, sometimes I do not even 'upgrade' to the proprietary drivers.  My video needs seldom exceed YouTube.  If it ain't broke I try to refrain from fixing it.

I have two Thinkpads that will also get updated with LXLE.
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210

I installed the RC Last Night. It is very nice. I like the sunflower file manager. But I had to add LXWeather, x-tile, skippy-xd, and of course my newbie menu. Everything so far has been smooth and fast. I have found no problems. 

Still rumnning on Dell xps17 i5 proc, 6GB memory and optimus intel/nvidia graphics. (Bumblebee installed with no problems, too).