Jumping ship from Mint
  • siawacshsiawacsh
    PMPosts: 2
    Hello, I have been using Mint for the past year and a half. It worked with all my hardware right out of the box. No other distro would work with my Cannon Lide 200 scanner out of the box using simplescan. I hardly ever needed to use the Mint forum support.

But when I tried to upgrade to Petra and later Qiana I experinced considerable nVidia driver issues.  I tried to install Ubuntu/Lubuntu 14.04 with more or less similar issues. To compound the issue, I found both Ubuntu and Mint forums very slow to respond to my queries. Funnily enough, I experienced no problems installing the latest version of Linux Lite which is also based on Ubuntu 12.04.

It has to be said, that LXLE presented similar graphic problem on the live image. I will describe the symptoms in a seperate thread.

I cannot understand why Ubuntu is making installation so difficult for the nVidia users.

My hardware is Intel i7 quad core with nVidia GForce GTX 280M. It is already five years old and therefore by no means cutting edge.

If I can get support to install and get LXLE to work with my hardware I am would be more than happy  to migrate.

Siawacsh