Audacious will not load music cd
  • bigedp51bigedp51
    PMPosts: 6
    I just built a AMD Kabini-Gigabyte computer to try Linux on and some distros like Mint will not even install, meaning my question might be related to the new board. Ubuntu, Xubuntu and Lubuntu will install and I know I had Audacious working correctly in Ubuntu so I'm not sure if it a driver/software issue problem or lack of understanding Linux .

I installed LXLE and I can not get Audacious to auto-load a music cd and it shows two cd icons in file manager. When the CD is inserted a window comes up and allows me to select Audacious. When Audacious starts it lists the cd tracts as cdda://sro/tract#.wav.

When I hit play I get the error message "invalid uri cdda:// for all tracts, do I need to install something else or did I do something wrong?

Help, I'm retired and this old dog is trying to learn new tricks. 
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Did you try to play the CD in the default Guayadeque?
  • bigedp51bigedp51
    PMPosts: 6
    It will not play Guayadeque either with same "invalid uri cdda:// for all tracts", but will play with Gnome Mplayer.
  • lxlelxle
    beta or 12.04?
  • Standard non-beta LXLE, again this Kabini-Gigibyte is causing problems with many distros. I tried the newest Mint 17 last night and it installed without any problems. BUT many distros will not load or if they load they have bugs. I did not have any problems with Linux on my 2005 single core Pentium 4 computer and I'm ready to drop kick my newly built Kibini system that makes me wish I had built a Intel Celeron system.

So I will alter my question, I'm spoiled from using Windows, will "any" linux cd music player auto load and start playing on its own or are you required to load the music to all linux players.

I'm in the process of loading the beta LXLE 14.04 on my Kabini computer to see if the upgrade changed any thing 
  • lxlelxle
    try vlc, perhaps their is some new DRM management that the windows world loves that keeping the cd from playing.
  • Problem solved with beta version of LXLE, auto loads and starts playing with Audacious no problem. I guess it justs takes a while for the software to be upgraded for newer hardware.

And the new beta looks great and as another web page stated LXLE is Lubuntu on steroids with a little eye candy added.
  • lxlelxle
    glad it resolved itself in an upgrade, please remember that is the first beta run of 14.04 and is not finished.