Tea
  • configXconfigX
    PMPosts: 3
    Are any of you loose-leaf tea drinkers? Just curious if any of you swell lxle folks enjoy a hot cuppa every so often. My personal fave is tieguanyin (oolong) but I like a sharp pu'er from time to time. What's your fave and where do you get your leaves?
  • I enjoy "tea" a lot, but I'm sorry to say that generally I drink it chilled and brewed from tea bags.  My favorite ways to drink said iced tea is plain (unsweetened), Raspberry sweet tea, or southern style sweet tea, though a lot depends on what brand of tea bags were used, and how they were brewed (sun tea, boiled, "iced tea maker" machine, etc).  My favorite way to brew it is using the sun in a gallon-sized sun tea jar with about 5 tea bags (depending on brand/flavor).
    Current LXLE systems:

Dell Inspiron 530 - Intel Core2 Duo E7300 2.66Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4350, ViewSonic 19" 1280x1024 and Benq 17" 1280 x 1024.

IBM Thinkpad R51, Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz 2MB L2 Cache, 2GB DDR RAM, Mobility Radeon 7500 GPU

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia Quadro 110M
  • DanaDana
    PMPosts: 20
    Iced black tea with lime. Great on a hot day.

• I like loose-leaf teas. I only drink decaf tea. My favorite is from Churchill's Teas in Cincinnati, OH, called Hot Cincinnati Spice. It's a decaf black tea (but you can get it caffeinated), with cinnamon, sweet cloves, and orange zest. Good stuff.

Out of a teabag, I prefer Yorkshire Gold tea (another black tea, it also comes both caffeinated or decaf). You can get it from a variety of sources, but I have an office-mate who travels to England every so often, so I always put my request in early.

• sadsad
    PMPosts: 27
    I drink Darjiling tea. Black . With some lemon juice in the winter.
  • spicymustardspicymustard
    PMPosts: 23
    I like most green varieties. I especially enjoy mate. Also, chais and some oolongs. It's been a while since I've had a cup (I'm a big coffee drinker though). I don't eat meat and am a regular blood donor so I have to watch how much tea I drink and how close to donations I drink it since it has tannins and blocks the absorption of iron which is even more difficult to absorb when you're only getting it from plants.