weird behaviour
  • I am new to Lxle and love it.

Some weird stuff though... after running happily for several days it booted to a black terminal type screen. More reboots changed nothing. I finally solved this by installing gdm and then selecting gdm on the options screen. (A solution I found in an old ubuntu discussion forum on 'low graphics problem') . it worked but showed a differnt login screeen. In the end  I wiped the drive and reinsatlled lxle... and it ran perfectly then did the same thing after about 4 days. So now I have a permanent different login screen which allows only the xp paradigm, (the one i wanted anyway).

Another strange thing .... when trying to install additional drives via preferences (nvidia 304) i got repeated failure messages. I gave up, but then it magically worked next day without me having made any changes.

One last strange one... i tried installing ubuntu 14.04 alongside for a dual boot system following all the instructions on the installer, to find out that lxle refused to boot at all, and neither did ubuntu. Yet again another complete wipe and reinstall:-)

Any ideas? In simple terms? I am VERY new to Linux. Having said that this is a truly excellent operating system and I intend to stay with it.

Thanks for all your work setting up this distro...

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    its most likely an updated driver that causes the conflict, after installing the updates i would run

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

in a terminal before restarting.
  • ok thanks....

it didn't make any difference but maybe i will reinstall and try that ...

appreciate you replying...