Lxpanel Eating CPU?
  • maccydgmaccydg
    PMPosts: 4
    Hello,

I'm just trying LXLE from a live DVD and it's got loads going for it - a really promising distro. I'm tempted to switch from Ubuntu 12.04 (2D mode), but there is one major issue holding me back.

At first everything was fine, but after over an hour of uptime lxpanel said it was using anywhere between 50 and 112(?) percent of CPU. Total CPU is maxed out at 100 even when lxpanel is only using 50 percent and other applications are using less than 50 between them. A quick 'net search shows that not many people seem to have this problem and none of those who had seemed to have a solution other than "tell the person who makes Lxpanel", or "just use XFCE instead". Has anyone here experienced this? My laptop's getting steadily slower as time goes by! :-) BTW, I have used Lubuntu in the past and not had this problem.

Thanks for any pointers.

Liam
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Most likely is a running live issue, considering I've never experienced that and there are no post concerning any type of issue/problem.
  • maccydgmaccydg
    PMPosts: 4
    OK, thank you. I'll try and get a full installation booting off a USB drive and see if this does the trick!
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Here's a link on how-to free up some memory cache ~ it's not a fix, but might be helpful:

http://www.unixmen.com/how-to-clear-memory-cache-on-linux-servers/