Info Panel and Window Formatting
  • CJMCJM
    PMPosts: 1
    I'm a very recent addition to the world of LXLE, and as a WinXP refugee I am loving it!

I have a couple of quick questions...

First, how do I reverse the default behavior of the Info Panel, so that it is hidden on startup?

Second, how can I give windows a wider frame? What I am looking for here may not be the answer to my problem, so I'll mention that - I find it quite difficult to "catch" the frame of a window to drag it for resizing purposes. It seems that the mouse cursor needs to be over a single pixel frame in order to change it to the arrow & bar that allows you to drag the frame - very frustrating, and I would like to make this easier.

You know when the issues I have are this minor, that overall there's not too much to find fault with in this distro. Over the years I have tried to switch to Linux a number of times, but it always proved to require more patience than I had! This time I think it will stick, as LXLE really is user friendly and as designed, works straight out of the box. Many thanks to the developer!
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    the window frame is easier to resize in the bottom right corner (where the small arrow is) than any other corner of the box. You can change window borders in Menu>Preference>OpenBox Configuration Manager.

For now just hide the box when you get to the desktop, explaining/providing a solution would prove more difficult then just clicking the button.  I'll consider outlining directions/files to do so in another post.