Is LXLE secure enough to bank online?
  • I know this question might be mundane, but it is a simple one to ask and hopefully not a hard one to answer. Is LXLE secure enough to bank on line and do other data sensitive activities? I might expand on this when I get enough information. Since windows XP is now defunct, I have a feeling that hackers (the bad kind) and the sort would move on to other operating platforms to do their "annoying trespassing of our privacy" types of madness. Since Linux is free and runs on relatively low resources, it might be a little easier for hackers (the bad kind) and such to begin their criminal careers. It's just hunch of mine. :D
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Linux is extremely secure compared to windows and even the mac for that matter doing online banking or anything else is perfectly safe, for reassurance remember facebook, twitter, google, amazon, apple (bsd), ebay, yahoo, governments around the world, most of the military etc etc would not put their billions in the hands of an insecure operating system. Being free has nothing to do with security or quality of the software / OS.
    Thanked by 1Melloiguana
  • MelloiguanaMelloiguana
    PMPosts: 4
    Whew! I believe you have made an all time linux fan out of me. Thanks for the reassurance! I researched Google and the other companies that you have mentioned and most if not all use linux OS for their servers. I will be recommending LXLE to my colleagues though, and hopefully they'll also realize the potential that LXLE has over "windrows". ;D