LXLE is the new "Vindrows" for me. :D
  • MelloiguanaMelloiguana
    PMPosts: 4
    Hello,
       I am new to the LXLE community and the software itself. While I was looking for an OS to replace my now defunct Windows XP, I stumbled upon Ubuntu. I was first amazed at the capabilities this free OS was capable of. Unfortunately, after I installed the OS, my computer began to slow down and malfunction. I then checked on line at http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=ubuntu and accidentally installed the wrong architecture (i686 instead of x86). Because of this, I then checked out Lubuntu which was extremely fast, and compatible with my old Dell Dimension 3000. The appearance of the OS was not so much intriguing and later found The LXLE Desktop. This remixed version of Lubuntu literally had me laughing my head off. It is way faster on my old Dell than Windows XP, the look and feel of the interface is familiar yet different in many ways, and I just like how this OS came bundled with software that can easily replace commercial software (in my opinion). All in all, I am sicking with this LXLE and I also want to thank the people behind the LXLE OS for their hard work and passion!.
    Thanked by 2lxle Zaka
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Welcome!