Cannot locate "Disk Utility"
  • TomTom
    PMPosts: 11
    When selecting Disk Utility (R-click on desktop / Accessories / Disk Utility) I get the error: "Failed to execute Child Process "palimpset"(no such file or directory)"

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Not sure where you are, there is no right click desktop accessories disk utility in lxle.
  • TomTom
    UMM...well when I r-clk I get a box with the following: A header wi "Shortcuts", under that is PCMan File Mgr; Terminal, and Chromium. Then another header with Applications. Under it is Accessories, Internet,Office, Multimedia. Under that another header "System. Under is (again) System, Then a line and under the line is Logout....
    If The box is open I cannot access the LH or App Bar.
    Tom
  • TomTom
    As the the Where: US of A....
    I did a total wipe and install of LXLE last week...still in the learning curve..
    I did an accidental delete of the Ap bar and while trying to fix that I found this.
  • lxlelxle
    Looks like you turn off pcmanfm right click contextual menu and enabled openbox contextual menu. To correct go to the menu>preferences>Desktop Preferences

click advanced and uncheck "show menus provided.....
    Thanked by 1Tom
  • TomTom
    Ok, Thanks, 

So is there no disc utility for LXLE?

I was hoping for a utility where I could look at the drives, erase thumbdrives etc....
  • lxlelxle
    Gparted is included as well as startupdisk creator
    Thanked by 1Tom
  • Why not ship a context menu from window manager for lxle if you want to but that would take some effort. I may want to do that for myself. I wonder if others would be interested. 
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads