Back to LXLE
  • I have just gor through a most frustrating time. I had LXLE installed and running well, then I accidentally re-formatted the partition I had it in installed in.

Immediately I loaded the ISO onto a USB stick using Unetbootin, but it refused to load. It just hung after the first screen . I thought that somehow the ISO had got damaged so I downloaded it again, Unetbooted again and the same thing happened. No idea what was happening, so I loaded Linuxlite from a CD I had. Nice distro, fast and quite easy to make it look like LXLE but not quite the same.

After a few days I thought I would have another try so d/l the 64bit version. I have an AMD powered machine. This time it loaded OK into the test version, so I installed it, but started to get all sorts of problems, so I had another go at d/l the 32bit version. This time it worked. Hurrah. Could be that I used a differend USB stick. Anyway than k goodness I am back with LXLE.

BTW I presume that there will in time be a version using the new Ubuntu base. Will I be able to upgrade or will it mean a fersh install.
  • The 14.04.1 version will almost definitely be a new install.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I would use startup disk creator to make a bootable usb stick, sometimes a stick can be the difference, also if you have a 64bit machine I would settle for nothing less than a 64bit OS. What were the 'problems' you ran into with the 64bit version?

Running 32bit on a 64bit system is kinds like making you V6 only run on four cylinders.