struggling to install gigabyte graphics card
  • Hi
    I have a gigbyte GV-N52128DE graphics card, I'm trying to install it on my LXLE Lubuntu PC, but the drivers is a challenge. How or where do I download and install the drivers? Do I insert the card while PC is on and use the "additional Drivers" way to find the correct drivers or do I manually download and install it from somewhere? Please assist me in this.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Turn off the PC and unplug the power cord. Insert the new card, connect the monitor cable to the new card, plug the machine back in and start it up, once started and online go to Menu>Preferences>Additional Drivers and 'Activate' the recommended driver if there is one. It may take some time to open and find your driver.
  • orosmanorosman
    PMPosts: 8

I've done as you mentioned above, but now the resolution after restart is only 640x480, auto and 320x240. How do I change or improve the resolution to a proper resolution. What can I do now? Please assist me.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    what driver did you install?
    Thanked by 1orosman
  • orosmanorosman
    PMPosts: 8
    I managed to install the latest nvidia drivers which in turn fixed the resolution I had a problem with. It is fine now.
    Thank you
    Thanked by 1Zaka