Official Sunflower support
  • MeanEYEMeanEYE
    PMPosts: 1
    Hi there folks.

First, let me thank developers for bundling Sunflower with this awesome project. As a lead developer and creator of this file manage I would like to let everyone know that if you run into any issues regarding this software I would be more than happy to help out. If you are IRC kind of guy/gal you can ask for help on #sunflower on irc.freenode.org or just come and hang out with us. We also have a mailing list which is quiet most of the time but should anything be posted there it's going to get my attention pretty fast (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sunflower-fm). I am also reachable by email, Google+ and many other ways. I will also try to check these forums often.

That's it. I hope you have a good time using Sunflower as much as I did making it. :) If you have any questions, fire away.
    Thanked by 2borunco Zaka
  • Thanks MeanEYE, keep up the GREAT work.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
    Thanked by 1MeanEYE
  • I have read in several threads about Sunflower, but I can't seem to find it installed or in the repositories.  I would like to give it a try,  Thanks
  • @HDWildBill ...Click on menu, then Accessories, then Sunflower...assuming you have the latest LXLE12.04.4
  • I downloaded and installed LXLE a few days ago.  The system summary says that I have Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS. When I right click on the desktop, then click Accessories, I see seven options, none of which is Sunflower.  What am I missing? 
  • @RogerF ...Try using the Synaptic Package Manager, type 'Sunflower' into the Search box and see if it finds it for you that way... 
  • When running a search in the software center or Synaptic for 'Sunflower' I get nothing.  I'm running LXLE 12.04 although like Roger system info says I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.4 Thanks.
  • @HDWildBill ...have you installed the recent LXLE 12.04.4 release or have you been updating a previous release, 12.04.3 for instance?
  • Providing the results of the following 2 commands would help too:

~$ lsb_release  -a

~$ uname  -a
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    You probably installed 12.04.3 a little while back, and while normal updating will bring your system to 12.04.4 it won't have the changes made to 12.04.4 as far as applications included by default, etc, because lxle does not keep a desktop meta package and never will. So add the lxle ppa to your system then do a search in synaptic for sunflower.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lxle/stable
    sudo apt-get update

open synaptic and do a search for sunflower
    Thanked by 2HDWildBill Zaka
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads