PCManFM: Can't drag files into Directory Tree folders
  • In PCManFM I can't drag & drop files from the main window to folders in the Directory Tree sidebar. Any idea why? I *can* drag & drop them to bookmarked folders in the Places sidebar.

I've searched this forum, the LXLE wiki, DuckDuckGo (which tells me I should be able to do this unless something has changed since 2010), Uduck, and PCManFM's wiki and bugtracker.

Edits

• 2015-07-04: This was eventually fixed in an update.
    • 2014-02-16: the 2010 link was for PCManFM-Mod, not PCManFM.
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    You didn't mention the source.  I often have the problem when copying files from hard drive to a USB drive.  I resort to copying them individually. 

http://askubuntu.com/questions/395008/efficient-way-to-copy-multiple-files-using-the-gui
  • Thanks; I'm just dragging single files to folders on the same partition of the same internal hard drive. The folder I'm trying to drag to fails to highlight, and when I release the mouse button the icon of the file I'm dragging flies back to its original place (as it would if I tried to drag a file somewhere that doesn't accept files, like the titlebar of the window).
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I'm not certain that works in any lxde distribution
  • Yikes, I hope that's not true! I do that all the time D:

I'll ask over at PCManFM and/or LXDE.

Adding "LXDE" to my search turned up another post that (after confusing me about PCManFM's timeline) made me realize that the 2010 post I linked to above isn't for PCManFM -- it's for PCManFM-Mod, which later became SpaceFM.
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads