Resolution and Text problem
  • Its not my first experience with Linux but yes, im kind of a noob on linux matters.

I just installed th LXLE distro on this old COMPAQ PRESARIO computer and its running awesome!!

AMD Sempron 3100 1GB RAM and 256 shared video.

I want to use this computer to watch movies, listen music and let visitors check their email / facebook.

I want to use it with a SONY Bravia 32 inch LCD screen and the problem is that it goes default to 1920 x 1080 and doesnt matter what resolution I use, the text its extremely tiny, as well as the webpages I open on Firefox, and if I go Ctrl + its not the propper way to do it because it gets distort because of the big ammount of zoom i need to use to make it viewable.

If I try to modify the aspect of the text and fonts, it doesnt work completely because of so many configurations I need to do.

So, I brought an 18 inch Samsung monitor turn off the pc, plug it and turn it on again and it runs perfect (the size of the text) it goes to a 1360 x 768 by default with all the text looking perfect

actually that resolution works perfect for this computer, i dont need more, so I turn on the computer with the samsung monitor pluged, and after it loads, I change the court to the SONY Bravia screen and it works perfect. 

It doesnt matter what I do, if I go to settings and save the configuration, next time I turn on the computer with the SONY Bravia pluged I have the same problem.

The text its ridicusly tiny, I mean, unreadable for most of the text in all the OS.

Any ideas of how to fix this?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Menu>Preferences>additional drivers

see if there is a proprietary driver available... if so use that

otherwise setting the resolution should do the trick

Menu>Preferences>Montior Settings
  • weikaiweikai
    PMPosts: 1
    When I use monitor settings to set resolution, it does not hold them after a restart. Is there a permanent way to set resolution to desired setting?

• TonyBTonyB
    PMPosts: 6
    Can you change the settings on the TV?  I believe the Sony Bravia has input settings under settings>input settings>PC which should be changed from "Auto" to "Always"