LXLE in Virtual Box
  • I am having no luck with 32 or 64 bit in VM I would really like to try it. I am using Ubuntu Clsaaic 64bit 12.04
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    No luck as in, doesn't work at all? Hang at boot. Particular things don't work?

If you seeing text that says something like "cannot access shared library, its fine, just let it continue and it boots just fine." virtual box displays this message usually, and usually vmware does not.

• RayRay
    PMPosts: 6
    This will not be much use to you unfortunately but LXLE works well as a vm using Vmware Workstation 10 so presumably your problem is caused by Virtualbox.

Ray
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • i've installed LXLE 64 bit in VirtualBox 4.2.2 running on my Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit host.  Runs great!  Unbelievably responsive.  FWIW...
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • i'm currently experiencing the same problem with virtualbox 4.3.10, host is OSX 10.9.2. with the 64bit 12.04.4. The virtual machine was created using Linux Ubuntu's default configurations.

When i boot it, it shows the boot menu with the options to boot from the live system, install, memtest, etc. If i select any of the 3 first options (live, xforce or install), the virtual machine just freezes, with no HD or CD activity.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Sounds like virtualbox isn't configured correctly to run a 64bit iso, try the 32