Updates to new installation fail.
  • My initial experiences with lxle have been very frustrating.
    First taking 7 attempts to install the programme simply as a result of an Einstein quote being deemed more important than a message "Installation complete, press enter to continue" having been faced with a blurred screen and a padlock. Finally pressed enter as nothing else seemed to work; voila but what a waste of my life.
    Secondly, and object of this post. I get a message that there are 561 updates.
    Selected >Control Menu> <Software> <Check & Install updates>
    After 2 hours of downloading activity with a comphrensive list of files downloaded with a %age complete for each of the 561 updates followed by a summary of activities, old files removed, temporary files deleted etc I receive the message sic 0 files updated, 0 files removed, 0 > 0 >0 etc finally telling me that it was checking if a restart was necessary. Obviously not as nothing had been changed.
    I have tried this 3 times.
    What do I have to do to bring the software up-to-date ?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I suspect your software has been updated and your simply misread/misunderstood the message. What you read was a recheck after the update occurred.

In the future you may just want to use synaptic package manager to update your system as it might not be as confusing.