Osmo does not autostart. What is the command?
  • seekerseeker
    PMPosts: 8
    I just installed the latest version of LXLE and it is working great. Best OS I have used. There is one issue of Osmo not launching at all at startup. It is supposed to appear in the system tray. I know there is a very simple command to use to make this happen that can be entered in the LXSession configuration but I can not remember it or find it on the web. Does anyone know the answer?

Yes I have Start minimised selected  and also Enable system tray in the Osmo GUI.
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    First check if Osmo itself has a preferences to start the program on boot. If not then go into LXSession configuration then click AutoStart then enter osmo into the "manual autostarted applications" and press "Add".

• seekerseeker
    Yes, I tried that. Osmo does open on start but it does not appear in the
    system tray, it just starts full screen. 
  • lxlelxle
    Is there a setting within Osmo that says 'start in tray' or something similiar?  Perhaps check the man osmo in the terminal

• seekerseeker
    Yes there is are 2 boxes to check in the GUI to start minimized and to enable system tray and they are checked but they do not work.
  • lxlelxle
    If I enable system tray and start minimized plus add osmo to the manual autostart section of default application for lxsession program it works.
  • seekerseeker
    It does not work properly for me. It is a mystery. The command that I used to use for this issue was something like "osmo --min start" I can't remember what it was.
  • seekerseeker
    That is the setting that I have. I don't know why it does not work.
  • lxlelxle
    Strange... i set the other two settings within osmo and this setting... retarted and osmo started minimized in the tray on the top panel nearl the lock screen icon.