LXLE Focal On Hardware
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Just installed LXLE Focal on my main machine and she's purring..... how about anyone else?
  • MuhibbijAbadMuhibbijAbad
    PMPosts: 32
    I put it in a 15+ machine.. I was worried that 2GB is not enough and upgraded to 4GB.. But I was wrong, 2GB is more than enough for daily tasks..
    LXLE Focal is fast and responsive.
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • lxlelxle
    Good to hear... thanks.
  • mdiemermdiemer
    PMPosts: 36
    Hi, I ran LXLE a few years ago, until my video card died, and forced me back to on-board graphics (Nividia 6150 SE). Computer is a 2009 Gateway desktop with 6 GB ram. I had been unable to run anything heavier than Bodhi or Bunsen Labs on it until recently. A few months ago I got PCLinux going, with LXDE, as nothing heavier would work. Not even LXLE! Until now. This latest version is working perfectly. Maybe the open-source graphics drivers have improved. Or maybe there is some other reason. But it's great to be back on this light but fully-stocked system. LXLE is almost a contradiction in terms: A lightweight system that is extremely powerful.I haven't had to install anything yet, it's got all I need. Also, it's great that you included Libre Wolf browser. I hadn't tried it yet, and am very impressed. The default settings are exactly what I myself do to customize Firefox!

Great job!
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • lxlelxle
    Great news, good to hear.
  • It is working good on my 7yr+ old laptop that I bought used many years ago.