Bodhi Builder
  • I have been using the "Backup" option to create new ISO of my system once a month.  The ISO is burned to my thumb drive to be used as a restore point.  But some of you know all about this utility.

It is found in the menu -> Control Menu -> Utilities -> bodhibuilder

The first thing you should know, the Backup option will back up ALL of the user files in home.  I don't need 100% my files backed up so I created symbolic links for my larger file folders; video, music, and pictures on a separate partition.  This way I end up with a 4 GB ISO instead of 12 GB.  There are options to omit your files and directories within the application settings.

Under settings, I set the username to my current and not the default qwerty.  I also set the iso filename to LXLE-(currentdate)-BU.iso  Then  I run the Backup.  It takes a while to work, when done, the ISO (and other files can be found in /home/bohibuilder  only remove these files when you are done moving the ISO! 

Once you have your ISO on another media, you can return to bodhibuilder and use the Clear button, to clean the files.  Now should your system crash you have less to do with this restore ISO.  I never had any Linux system crash on me, I am usually the one who makes changes that I later need to revert.