New Life for UMPCs
  • I just migrated a couple of my PCs to LXLE and am very pleased; a Fujitsu LifeBook U810 and an older Sony Vaio UX180.  I have played with multiple versions of Linux, (Puppy, Tiny Core, Debian, etc.) but had settled on Lifebook, for its stability and support.  However, during a recent update, my LifeBook lost its ability for my preferred screen resolution.  I gave LXLE a try and, wallah! my full resolution returned!  Everything that I rely on these ultra-portables for run as fast or faster with LXLE.  My only remaining glitch is with the Sony; it has a single button that moves the cursor, as a mouse-alternative, and is defined as an ALPS DualPoint Stick and TouchPad.  When I move the mouse/cursor, it grabs hold of whatever is on the screen and pulls it along; a headache.  All that said, overall I am very pleased with LXLE.  I understand that it is probably getting on in years, but then, so am I.  That doesn't mean it has outlived its usefulness!  My OS history dates back to my career with AT&T and it's introduction of and the Motorola 32-bit processor of the 1980s, so I've been dabbling with it, and its many derivatives for a long time.  Thank you, LXLE, for your continued 32-bit support!