Selecting a Desktop Environment with Login Requirement Bypassed?
  • Hello Experienced LXLE users,

Just Learning Linux here.  Have previously installed LXLE on other laptops, but recently installed LXLE 18.04.3 / 32bit on a Compaq c700 1.73 GHz, Centrino, 1 Gig RAM (low RAM, but this is where LXLE is supposed to shine, isn't it?).

The install went without incident, even without using FORCEPAE, which I've had to do with older Note and Netbooks equipped Pentium-M or Centrino processors.

Since this machine is to be donated to someone in need of a machine, but not one versed in Linux (or any computers for that matter), I selected the setup choice for not requiring a password to initially log in. (Of course, they will still need it for Sudo CLI commands).

QUESTION: I understand that LXLE can be configured to display different desktop environments (DE), but the selection must be made prior to logging in with password. (see entry below)

How do I go back and select a different DE if I have bypassed the user login feature?

===================
    "Selecting a Desktop Paradigm

"'LXLE Paradigm's special feature' - changeable desktop experiences - allows the user to enjoy the “feel” of popular desktops on demand.

" 'WHEN' -
    You must select the desktop experience you want prior to logging in with your user name and password."

https://wiki.lxle.net/doku.php/lxle_configuration?s[]=default&s[]=start&s[]=without&s[]=password

===================

Many thanks in advance.

JR