Post install lack of connectivity
  • I sought to get some use of my old 32 bit netbook. I found and installed LXLE – supposed to be ok for Linux ignoramuses. OK, it runs, ok, I connect to my router, and browse internet. Installed apps seem to work at a quick glance. So, lets try local communication! Nothing on my LAN is visible under “Network”, and the netbook is not visible to pc’s on my lan. So try TeamViewer. First try to install gets a message about a ‘missing library – try ….” So I do ‘try …’ and it does not appear to work. However on my next boot I try to run it in sakura in it’s directory and it runs and says its opening its GUI – and then nothing. So I try email setup. This seems straightforward, I enter the eddress, servers, ports and password as copied from my working system. Get “server would not accept password”.

Which of these is the easier to tackle – or is there some other route to get the netbook communicating with the pcs (Win 10) on my Lan? And how should I go about it please?   

• OK forget email - I got that working and nothing to do with LXLE. However now trying to install 32 bit FireFox or Chrome since Zoom says the built in browser is unaceptable because it is 'not modern'. Getting the same sort of problems I got trying to install TeamViewer. Following the instructions for installing on Ubento just does not work. What am I missing here?