Post install lack of connectivity
  • I sought to get some use of my old 32 bit netbook. I found and installed LXLE – supposed to be ok for Linux ignoramuses. OK, it runs, ok, I connect to my router, and I browse internet. Installed apps seem to work at a quick glance. So, lets try local communication! Nothing on my lan is visible under “Network”, and the netbook is not visible to pc’s on my lan. So I try TeamViewer. First try to install gets a message about a ‘missing library – try ….” So I do ‘try …’ and it does not appear to work. However on my next boot I try to run it in sakura in it’s directory and it runs and says its opening its GUI – and then nothing. So I try email setup. This seems straightforward, I enter the eddress, servers, ports and password as copied from my working system. Get “server would not accept password”.

Which of these is the easier to tackle – or is there some other route to get the netbook communicating with the pcs (Win 10) on my Lan? And how should I go about it please?   
  • Sorry - just realised I am in the wrong thread! Reposted in LXLE OS Help and Support
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    check the firewall.. disable it or open the ports.