Fonts in the wine application menu cannot be viewed correctly.
  • mpalmampalma
    PMPosts: 1
    Hello, could someone help me? I am having trouble displaying the fonts displayed in the WINE application menus. They are pixelated. I have already run WINECFG and changed the graphical values but the same is still happening. I copied the fonts from another notebook where they can be seen correctly, but it did not work either. Grateful for all the help you can give me. Thanks and regards!
  • Mr_LinuxMr_Linux
    PMPosts: 72
    <br>
  • Mr_LinuxMr_Linux
    PMPosts: 72
    Sorry to double post, something went wrong with the css in the message so I will skip the formatting this time...

Not all users care to use; winetricks corefonts and or winetricks comctl32. Some have an ethical gray area about installing Microsoft owned fonts on their Linux system.

Winetricks is a script used to download and install various redistributable runtime libraries needed to run some programs in WINE. If you cannot get corefonts or you are one of those people who "just say no to Microsoft", then you could download free fonts to replace them and install them yourself. 

The standard system fonts are at /usr/share/fonts
    While WINE has private fonts at /usr/share/wine/fonts
    However I wouldn't place any new fonts in either of these places.

~/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts is probably your answer, if you want the fonts available system wide the ~/.fonts will work.