wttr weather showing wrong info how to change?
  • wttr is showing wrong info for my area when i click the taskbar icon on desktop even though it shows correct town. if I do curl in terminal with my town and state it then gives the correct info. Where do I edit the command in lxle? Thank you for the help.
  • cooloutaccooloutac
    PMPosts: 5
    I don't see weather.desktop file in /usr/share/applications/
  • I googled online I found the file here. ~/.local/share/applications thankyou works good.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    i may have moved it last release... check .local/share/applications  in your home directory
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Ya I'll have to update the wiki.
  • Mr_LinuxMr_Linux
    PMPosts: 72
    Issue
    I live in a small town "Bay City" my wttr.in was pointing to some other city also named "Bay City".  The weather was much more warmer and really wished this was my weather as it is raining and cold here.
    Solution
    This problem is easy to solve.  Navigate using the file manger to ~/.local/share/applications and right click the weather shortcut to edit in you text editor.
    Find: Exec=uxterm -title 'Weather Forecast' -geometry 125x42 +sb -hold -e curl wttr.in

Add your personal zip code to the end of this line.
    For example; Pleasant Valley, New York 12569
    Exec=uxterm -title 'Weather Forecast' -geometry 125x42 +sb -hold -e curl wttr.in/12569

or maybe you live in Pleasant Valley, Michigan 49727
    Exec=uxterm -title 'Weather Forecast' -geometry 125x42 +sb -hold -e curl wttr.in/49727

The default for Pleasant Valley is,
    Pleasant Valley, Marion County, West Virginia, 26578
  • To LXLE: I've read all of the comments above, but I'm still not finding the weather app.  It looks like it should be in /usr/share/applications, but it's not; I also don't find anything that looks like " ~/.local/share/applications " what or where is that?  Thanks
  • Mr_LinuxMr_Linux
    PMPosts: 72
    Alternate Edit Using File Manger
    I opened pcmanfm, clicked Applications in the Places sidebar to the left. Then navigate to Accessories. The address bar should read "menu://applications/Accessories" also the Weather link should be shown. Right click the link and change the properties.
    Thanked by 1Westport
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads