Possible Ubuntu (etc) 18.04 bug? Removing the same Kernel that runs at the moment
  • Hi, I know this is not LXLE-related but seems to happen with 18.04 in general (sometimes?). When updating with our nice "check & install updates" I several times got into a "you're running kernel version (say) 4.15.0-88 and you're trying to remove the same version".

Please do not follow what I did here but ask LXLE :). First 2 times in 2019 I simply followed the advice and did NOT remove the kernel. It resulted in problems which I had to fix. Fix broken install was the keyword. Last 2 times I simply ignored the advice (after backing up everything of course) - and it worked.

Still it is puzzling and I never had this in any Lubuntu 14.04 or LXLE 16.04 before. A word about it? Do others get the same - sometimes, not always - when using our fine update app? Might be a problem for new LXLE users, too. And it is running so superbly, LXLE :)
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I've never run into that yet.. I'll keep a look out for it.
  • Thank you. Only occurs from time to time, and over at askubuntu or so (some months back) someone said it was a 18.04 "bug". Anyway, no big deal, as after 2 times saying "no keep it" and running into small problems (solved in terminal with fix broken install easily) - i just tried to uninstall the "same kernel I was using" - and everything was fine. I am still not a in-depth-Linux user, but with backing everything up the risk in LXLE is small - I would just have installed it again^^.