External TV monitor no showing mirror of laptop screen on startup
  • On almost every other OS that I have tried, my TV screen used as an external monitor will  mirror the laptop screen on boot.  But no so with LXLE.  I have to go into Control Hardware Monitor after each boot and Apply.  This occurs on both LXLE 16 and 18.  Any suggestions.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    you can try disabling the dual monitor script that is activated on startup in lxle.  It's located in control panel>settings>default applications for lxsession

then click autostart and uncheck dualdisplay

that may solve your 'mirror' issue as that script is there to help dual monitor support that is being used as a single display not a mirror.
  • Thanks but it did not resolve the problem.  It actually stopped Monitor Settings working and did not allow enabling the external monitor.  The external monitor on start up shows all the icons that I have placed on the laptop LXLE desktop but does not show the top left hand panel menu panel and the desktop has a different background to my LXLE laptop background.  This is common to all LXLE installations on my different computers.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    lubuntu's own website say it needs to be done manually
  • Thanks.  I have just tried a couple of other Ubuntu versions and mostly they all have to do the external monitor done manually.  Over time I have tried many other Linux style OS and they all missing some of the things that are standard in LXLE.  Lubuntu is woeful so you did a great job with LXLE.  There are a couple of things that LXLE could have that are in Ubuntu.  I have also installed RoboLinux and I find it stands out as being one of the best along with LXLE.  No matter how hard I search cannot find anything better than LXLE.   All the write ups say how wonderful their particular distros are but unfortunately most of them have missed the plot when it comes to using them compared to LXLE.