WiFi/Etho icon missing from 18.04.3 beta panel
  • WiFi/Etho icon missing from 18.04.3 beta panel on my computer.  The OS is fully installed as dual boot with Windows10 and LXLE 16.04.04 i.e. not live.
    Graham
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    64 or 32 bit?
  • It is 64 bit.
    I installed the Mate desktop and the WiFi/Etho icon appears on the top panel at right hand end.
    The Mate desktop (installed in the LogOff screen) works well.  The LXQT desktop is a disaster.  The only was I could get out of LXQT was to uninstall it with Synaptic.  There was no menu on the LXQT desktop.  I have tried LXQT in the past elsewhere and it is not a good as LXLE/LXDE.  I have tried many different Ubuntu based OS's and none of them are as good as LXLE on my older computers.  Lubuntu is a huge disappointment compared to LXLE.
  • Surprise, surprise!  I have just logged onto LXLE Beta 64 bit and the WIFI/Etho Icon has appeared on the top panel.  Do not know why it decided to appear, the only thing I can think of is perhaps the problem I had with LXQT not working correctly and then being completely uninstalled with Synaptic.