gparted not starting with /usr/sbin/gparted %f in LXLE beta
  • 1. gparted not starting with /usr/sbin/gparted %f in LXLE beta.  The terminal says no such file or directory.
    2. also, the CPU is running at 46% all the time in Lxle Beta and only runs at 5% approximately in LXLE 16.04.4.
    3. I have just remembered that I read somewhere that Network link to USB storage on the Netgear modem does not work/disabled in latest versions of OS after 16.04.04.  There is a difficult to get working means of enabling it but I gave up trying to get it to work.  It is now probably irrelevant as NBN is going to replace ADSL, where I live in Australia, next month and the new modem will probably not have that feature on the modem.
    Graham
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    you must be running it as a livecd and not an installed system... that's my only guess as I've tested it here just now and it works as expected.
  • Not running as livecd. It is fully installed as part of dual boot with LXLE 16.04.4 and Windows10.
    The only way to get gparted to run without problems was to use it from a dedicated gparted USB.  I could run gparted from other OS on my computer or from Pup OS on a usb but had a problem with them when trying to rename the label on one particular partition.
    I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 with 6Gib ram, 4x Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 CPU M480 @ 2.67 GHz
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    post screenshots of the terminal and the command you're using