LXLE 16.04.4 Released
  • oldfredoldfred
    PMPosts: 4
    Continues to be a solid distro choice. Well done and thank you.
  • Very nice still. In the recent times some people posted in linux forums that they could not install / re-install LXLE 16.004.4. Not knowing much more than Linux basics I assume that they hang as LXLE downloaded the new updates, and at least up to March there were some getdeb repositories which were not working (down) - so they gave up. I think this is fixed by now :).

I donated just a tip as there is not more possible right now, but I AM very happy with the latest release and do hope you go on releasing new versions. Lubuntu 18.04 ceased to work as my old 2core subnotebook gets too slow for their new ways.

in short - thank you!
  • This is amazeballs, and keeping a nice working Pentium 4 working like a draft...well donkey, set to be replaced by a RasPi4 with 4GiB DDR4ish RAM. Keeping systemd at bay, mostly with cut 'n paste still working (named pipes or nothing!!! Can blame on old chipset bad caps! Ahahahahaha.) Thank you thank you thank youuuu!
      I almost once had a complaint with claws-mail in here, but once I told it not to delete first, it sped up nicely (and stopped clogging through 10,000 e-mail requests before grabbing present e-mail.) W00t! (Even if Amazon bought W00T last year.)