TouchPad-Scrolling doesn't work
  • Hi all, the title of my thread describes it short and accurate: I can't scroll using my touchpad.
    I don't have multitouch and am used to the right border of the touchpad as a scrolling wheel.
    My settings are as follows: image
    Testing LXLE 18.04.3 (64-Bit) on DELL-XPS-M1530
    "Needless to say, LXLE is a speedy, low resource using beast of an OS."
  • It is working at the moment*. O.O
    I left my pc running over night (with closed lid, it didn't look like this turned it off / into standby because the screen was back without interruption; it wasn't locked for some reaso afair), used it this morning a little bit, left it running again, unlocked it and it started working somehow.

I will try to find a pattern when it's working and when it's not - in this state, it shouldn't be debugable as long as noone suffered from the same behaviour.

EDIT: * the horizontal scrolling is working. The vertical one isn't.
  • After using it a few more times (I use this laptop every third weekend or so),
    it looks like it's completely randomized whether it's working after booting the machine / waking it up from hibernate/standby/whatever_lxle_does_by_default or not.

But I would really appreciate some configuration utility / possibility to change the size of the scrolling area of my touchpad. :)
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Touchpads are a pain... i disable them and use a mouse