Need help getting back to LXLE
  • So I had a problem pop up where my netbook would no longer go to websites.  I got it to work for a couple days by doing an ip / dns flush but it came back....... so I decided to reinstall LXLE.  Downloaded the latest version and it would get all the way to the end and say installer crashed.  I downloaded again, and tried installing again with same results.  i was using lili for the usb creator.

I ended up putting a distro called Anti-x on there for now,  but it's not as user friendly.  Although I do like the ad blocking built into the o/s,   would like to see this on LXLE. 
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    use something that dd's the image to the usb
  • Once I get some time I will give it another shot.

It's strange because last month I used the same USB stick and creator to install the 64 version on a desktop. 
  • JadedJaded
    PMPosts: 20
    Not sure what you mean by DD?  I downloaded a fresh copy of LXLE, used the USB creator built into Anti-X this time - same thing - installer crashed. 

This time it boots up,  I'm just missing icons such as on the desktop and Sea Monkey.  Have the generic red x's for all buttons.
  • JadedJaded
    PMPosts: 20
    I'm throwing in the towel on running LXLE on this netbook.  I've hopped over to Peppermint o/s this time.  It could possibly be a bad  hard drive sector, since LXLE uses more space and the installer always crashes at the end.  I attempted install 5 times,  trying different stuff.  either it's version 16.04 or my netbook.  I previously had version 14.04.

In this same time I installed and ran Linux lite, Anti-X and Peppermint o/s with no problems.

Still keeping LXLE on my desktop though.  Still the best IMO.  
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    sounds like your 'home' was located someplace else