Does LXLE support IEEE 1394 FireWire by Texas Instruments TSB43AB22A?
  • Got me a laptop with this on it's motherboard. I want to use it to capture video from my camcorder. But when I hook it up, none of the programs like kino, dvgrab or kden-live "see" any camera connected. The FireWire circuit does show up when I do lspci command. But I don't know whether this means LXLE supports it or not. So I thought I'd just ask here.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Check to see if the camera has a setting like 'dv' 'pc' or something like that
  • I'm attempting to connect 2 different camcorders to the laptop (not at the same time).

Neither of them have any such 'dv' or 'pc' settings that I can find in their screen menu systems or mentioned in their user manuals.

These 2 camcorders are probably over 15 years old.

JVC GR-D370U

Panasonic PV-GS80
  • lxlelxle
    if your laptop has a built in camera, you might have to disable it because video4linux gets confused where to look for it.
  • Lol. No need for that. This laptop definitely has no such camera. It is likely over 20 years old.

http://www.computer-specifications.com/specifications/HewlettPackard-Pavilionn5445-Specs.html

• lxlelxle
    you might want to see what path the video softare is looking on, ex vd/0 vd/1 or something like that
  • Ok. Then my next question is: How do I discover the path?

I mean, how do I discover the path that the video capture software should use? How do find out the linux path to my camcorder so I can put that path into the capture software?

I don't know my way around linux enough to know such things. And Google searching just returns pages that don't explain this.