64 bit vs 32 bit 16.04.2 Install
  • I installed 64 bit 16.04.2 LXLE on a system with dual core AMD E-450 APU on a laptop and it seems a little sluggish.  Would installing the 32 bit 16.04.2 LXLE increase the response of the system?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    no dual core machine should need a 32bit,,, can you explain 'sluggish'?
  • When you type either on the system or on the web sometimes the characters are slow to show up on the screen.
  • Any suggestions to fix this.  thanks
  • lxlelxle
    haven't experienced anything of the sort with the new release, perhaps check the graphics driver and or an xorg modification of some type... unless the cpu indicator is jumping through the roof when you try to type sometimes.... it's most likely a driver.
  • pcbrewerpcbrewer
    PMPosts: 75
    Will check the video driver.  What is xorg modification?
  • lxlelxle
    check this first....

menu>control menu>settings>keyboard and pointer

adjust the delay on the keyboard
  • pcbrewerpcbrewer
    lxle, I tried the keyboard and pointer settings.  I did no notice a change in response time but I did notice that if I go to low on the numbers that when the screen locks and you try to enter your password it rapid fires the entry and you cannot log in except power off the laptop and increasing the number.
  • lxlelxle
    strange, perhaps try turning off the touchpad if you don't use it. Other than that, since no one else has reported anything similar, I'm not sure.
  • pcbrewerpcbrewer
    Thanks, but that is not an option. 
  • pcbrewerpcbrewer
    I may try installing the 32 bit version just to see how it runs.  I will keep you posted.