Monitor settings forgotten on restart or next boot.
  • I have installed the latest version of LXLE (16.04.2) on an Asus laptop. I have connected an external monitor via HDMI. This monitor because of it's size and resolution is a better choice as a primary monitor than the built in laptop screen. In monitor settings I can put the monitor in the advanced monitor settings "on left". This works and my monitor is the main monitor. But when I re-start or shut down the machine the next time the external monitor is on the default position again and the laptop screen is the main monitor with the start menu. How can I make LXLE remember the monitor settings? In the old LXLE 16.04.1 this was working most of the time although occasional it also didn't remember the settings.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    are you using nvidia settings tool or something to 'set it to the left'./
  • No, I am using the standard menu
    Control menu => Hardware => Monitor settings and in monitor settings advanced, Position on left, but is keeps on defaulting to default on the next boot-up or restart.
    In the previous LXLE (16.04.1) most of the time it remembered the position although occasionally it also defaulted to the default position,
  • lxlelxle
    it might be the 'dual monitors' script that lxle runs at startup.... you could try unchecking it from the autostart section of 'default applications for lxsession'.
    Thanked by 2oulikjan Trilobite
  • oulikjanoulikjan
    PMPosts: 24
    I unchecked this dual monitors script and that indeed did the trick. I have restarted the machine 3 times and it looks like the problem is solved now
  • Thank you
  • lxlelxle
    np