Problems with installation on ASUS Transformer Book
  • Hey everyone,

recently I decided to switch to Linux on my laptop, because windows was giving me so much trouble. After some research I found LXLE OS which seemed worth a shot. So I made a bootable USB and launched it on my laptop. That went not as smooth as expected...

My first trouble is that for some reason ASUS decided to lock the bios in portrait mode (I have a tablet-laptop) and therefore LXLE is also launched in portrait mode. I looked at all the settings, but couldn't find anything to turn the screen. Can someone tell me where I can find that setting?

Next, there is a much bigger problem. Besides the fact that the installer crashed multiple times, whenever I get to the point where it is installing, it blocks on "creating user" step. Yesterday, I let it run for multiple hours but when I looked it was still on this point. Also, when I click the tab to show the "code" that is executed, it ends on some lines of "memory pressure relief" and then nothing. I can write in it, but it seems to do nothing more. I tried to switch the laptop off and start the process again, but this gave many problems because it seemed that the installation process was partly done so the installer had trouble finding out what to do. Anyway, after I resolved this it started again to install and again it blocked on the same part.

Can anybody help?

Thank you all

Laptop: ASUS Transformer Book T100H